- Boil the pasta (200 g) in water, till it's cooked, yet firm, and set it aside
- Take 250 g of spicy chicken sausage and chop it. I sliced the sausages into half and then chopped it so that it gets flavoured well on all sides
- Finely chopped bell pepper/ capsicum, ideally a red one.
- Dissolve a spoon of corn flour in a cup of low fat milk
- A table spoon of ketchup, paprika flakes, crushed pepper, 3 low fat cheese slices/ 2 cheese cubes, a tea spoon of olive oil, a few drops of capsicum sauce
- Saute the sausages in Olive oil and ketchup.
- Add the chilly flakes and crushed pepper and stir
- Add the chopped bell peppers and stir
- Once the sausages look a bit browned, add the milk and cornflour.
- Add the cheese and bring it to a boil and then let it simmer till the sauce thickens
- Then add about a tea spoon of salt and add the boiled pasta and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- Garnish at the end with some split green chillies and some capsicum sauce
The end result is a nice pasta in a slightly pink-creamish sauce which was so tasty that we didn't waste time photographing it. The best thing is that the entire process took about fifteen minutes or so from start to finish.
PS. The Bourdain approved version would have pork sausages and full cream milk and cheese