My first Blogger's award. I always use to wonder about Blogger's awards... and what they meant. And secretly wondered whether I would ever get one. And then I got a gmail update in the morning saying that I got the Super Scribbler's Award.
And what makes it special is that this is from Rushina. Rushina is passionate about food. So is just about everybody who comes to this blog. BUT she followed her passion and has even set up her company around food - reviews, tie ups with gourmets, books, food consulting... she is one busy foodie and very, very inspiring. And the great thing is that she has begun blogging again at The Perfect Bite. So you can head there for the real McCoy.
These blogger awards have rules so here they are:
For details of this award and its beginnings, visit the original post and blog that started it all: The Scholastic Scribe
As with all Bloggy Awards, there are rules that go with the award:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to five most deserving bloggy friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog and link to the original post at The Scholastic Scribe which explains The Award.
- Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit the original post at The Scholastic Scribe and add his/her name to the Mr Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who wins This Prestigious Honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules to his/her blog.
Phew... hope I did all of that.
Here's my list of five. These are what we call top of mind in market research. There are a number of great blogs that I read and I thought that the only way to put five is to not think too much. So here they are in no particular order:
- Jessica and Lon of Food Mayhem. This is the first food blog that I began to follow. The frequency of posts, the quality of pictures that draw you in and the way they make the blog so interesting even for someone who has never visited their city is really inspiring
- Shanky of Lotsafood ... an unabashed foodie who threw a party because he got mishti doi from Calcutta! His blog is witty and informative. My only complaint is that he doesn't write often enough and I am really hungry for more
- Sharmila of Kichhu Khon... I normally don't go to recipe blogs/ books unless I am looking for something specific. I like her blog for the simplicity with which she writes about recipes. And if that doesn't tempt you to try the recipe then the photos do. And yes, I read it even if I am not looking for a recipe
- Scarlett of Just Can't Get Enough, a non food blog! I've been reading her blog for a while for some frank, forthright, sage and humorous posts from someone who belongs to a profession where these are very rare qualities
- Parul of Bringing Up Adi, a hilarious not just Mommy Blog. I also put it on the list as she is a blogger whom I know who has published a book too. So it's not an urban legend
Those who didn't make it to the list... I am not that important.
Those who made it to the list, you didn't hear that.
PS Perhaps I should dedicate this to all the teachers who used to complain about my handwriting. Thanks to the keyboard, one can scribble, legibly!