I don't know if it's a good idea to post at 3 AM. I can write and go away. But some hapless person might try to read what I wrote.
I guess it's fine given that this post is about the easiest finely chopped recipe ever.
I have been finely chopping everything in sight in the kitchen ever since I opened the fantastic set of Ikea kitchen knives that S M gave me sometime back. I brandished them tonight when we realised that we were short of potatoes. Kainaz said that I can have the cooked potatoes in the fridge. We both love potatoes and and I could sense the pain behind her brave smile.
I returned before her from our walk. Was tired. and whipped up this effortless dish.
So here's the plot:
- Peel three potatoes
- Finely chop them to tiny, 1 inch bits
- Cut an inch of fresh ginger and finely chop it to small bits
- Ditto for a piece of tomato
- Finely chop 4 chillies (by now I was feeling like Rambo in First Blood)
- Put it together in a microwave proof plate.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of crushed pepper and some chilly flakes (from pizza sachets) to the mix.
- Add a tea spoon of olive oil to this (so that the potato doesn't stick to each other). Toss everything with a spoon to mix. You can try lemon juice as an option
- Bung into microwave for seven minutes
- Watch some TV, stretch out, call a loved one, spot jog, munch a chocolate, have a drink, tidy your cupboard ...
- Open micro ... your dish is ready
We had it tonight and it turned out to be very tasty. Cutting the potatoes into tiny bits ensured that it cooked well. The ginger gave an interesting bite. While I did add oil, I didn't fry it so I guess it's healthy too.
And the little woman loved it.
I don't know how this post reads but the dish can definitely be made in your sleep.