When a plan is excluded on point.Oregano, pepper & balsamic kissed shallow fried Indian salmon (rawas), on a bed of wholewheat spaghetti cooked with red & green bell peppers in tomato purée and garlic. Topped with balsamic coated crunchy pistachios.
Evolved the recipe as I cooked.
Lunch in the #finelychoppedwfhcanteen today.
Recipe for 2:
- Heat olive oil
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Add finely chopped bell pepper and stir till braised
- Add a pouch of tomato puree. Cover pot with a lid and let it cook on a slow flame till the puree becomes thick. 10 minutes at least
- Add boiled spaghetti. A few tablespoons of the water in which the spaghetti was boiled, salt and paprika
- Stir and let it cook for another 5 minutes
- Heat olive oil in flat pan
- Place fish steaks on the pan. Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, oregano and balsamic vinegar on the exposed surface
- Once the lower half of the fish is cooked (bottom half turns white), turn fish around and apply salt, pepper, organic and balsamic on on the upper half and gently press with ladle to cook
- Split pistachios in half and toast on same pan
- Put spaghetti in first. Form a circle
- Place fish on top in the centre of the spaghetti bed
- Sprinkle pistachios on fish and spaghetti
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil at the end